Updated: Tuesday, September 8
The library’s current Fall semester hours are typically:
- Monday, Thursday: 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
See the library’s calendar for daily hours information.
Except for picking up requested items, access to the library building is by appointment only. An appointment will allow you to access the main floor of the library, including the Reference section, periodicals, computers, copiers, and study space.
The lower floor, including the main collection, is closed to public access. If you would like to check out any items, you can request them through the library catalog for pickup either in the library or curbside.
Item Requesting & Pickup
Books and AV materials can be requested for checkout and then picked up in the library or curbside.
- Visit the library catalog to find the items you want.
- Click the Request button for each title.
- Sign in with your library account and choose to pick up at Covenant Seminary Library.
- You will receive an email notification when your items are ready to be picked up.
Need a visual? See our demo video.
When you receive your notice that your requested items are ready, you can pick them up in the library or have them brought out your car by the library staff. (We encourage you to choose curbside pickup!) Here’s how curbside pickup works:
- Enter campus from North Outer Forty Dr. and park in one of the designated Curbside Pickup spaces in the faculty/staff lot in front of the library.
- Text (or call) 314-820-0898 to let us know when you are parked and ready.
- The library staff will ask for your name and library card number, as well as which numbered parking space you are in.
- Pop your trunk! The library staff will bring your items out and put them in your trunk. No direct contact, please.
Print reserves are not be available due to the extended quarantine required between uses of materials. Instead, use the Virtual Reserve Shelf to quickly check if reserves are available through Covenant’s e-book collection or another online source.
If you need to read a section of a reserve book that is not available online, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title, author, and chapter/pages needed, so the Library staff can arrange access.
While you can sign up for an appointment to access the Reference section in person, you can also skip a trip to campus and get online access to reference books. Look up topics and get important background information with the Online Reference collection.
Need something from the print Reference section? Email email@example.com and let us know what we can scan for you.
Online Help—We’re Available
Have a question about research? Need help with a citation? Having trouble finding the resources you need? Email or chat with us.
You can also schedule an appointment for a screen-sharing session with a librarian to get more detailed assistance.
The Scribe Writing Center
The Scribe Writing Center is offering live online consultations to work with you on any part of the writing process.
Covenant E-books – Instantly read books online or download them to your device for up to two weeks. The Library staff will be monitoring e-book usage levels and purchasing additional copies of high-demand titles whenever feasible. If you are denied access, be sure to follow the prompt to place a hold on the e-book so you will be notified as soon as it becomes available.
If you need to find journal articles on a topic, check out the Research Databases. Choose a subject area and then select a database that meets your needs. Many databases will provide full articles for download as PDFs. Unsure where to start? The Quick Article Search can get you results right away.
If you need to get access to a specific article, search the Journals List to find where you can get online access to the journal in which the article was published.
This post will be updated as the situation develops.