- This event has passed.
October 15, 2016 @ 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
St. Louis L’Abri Conference 2016 – Finding Truth: Apologetics in a Secular Age
St. Louis L’Abri Conference 2016
October 15, 2016
Finding Truth: Apologetics in a Secular Age
Rayburn Chapel at Covenant Theological Seminary
For the past 20 years the Rochester L’Abri has hosted an annual L’Abri Conference in Rochester, Minnesota, every February. Given the popularity of these Conferences, we decided to bring the best of this Conference to the St. Louis area. We now host an annual St. Louis Conference every fall that is a shorter version of the Rochester Conference. It has the same theme and plenary speakers but takes place over just one Saturday. This year will be our fifth St. Louis Conference. We do hope this will continue to be a helpful service to our many friends in this region.
- Prof. Jerram Barrs, Professor of Christian Studies and Contemporary Culture, Covenant Seminary – “An Apology for Apologetics”
- Mr. Dick Keyes, Director, L’Abri Fellowship, Southborough, MA – “What is Cultural Apologetics?”
- Dr. Greg Jesson, Assistant Professor of Philosophy, Luther College, Iowa, and Director of the Center for Ethics and Public Life – “In Search of Knowledge: Is there a Destination or Just a Journey?”
- Mr. Dick Keyes – “Apologetics and the Diagnosis of the Human Condition”
- Dr. Greg Jesson – “Thinking About Proofs for God’s Existence: What They Can and Can’t Do”
- Prof. Jerram Barrs – “Did the OT Prophets and NT Apostles use Pagan Myths in their Communication of God’s Word?”
- Mr. Larry Snyder, former Director, L’Abri Fellowship, Rochester, MN – “Language, Imagination, and Beauty: Helpful Pointers to Truth in a Secular World”
- Prof. Mark Ryan, Director, Francis Schaeffer Institute, and Adjunct Professor of Religion and Culture, Covenant Seminary – “How to be Religious in the Public Square: Thoughts on what the Culture Needs from Christians”
The event will also featuring a concert by classical guitarist Ms. Alyssa Catlin.