For Site Supervisors
Thank you for considering being a Practicum or Internship site supervisor. Site supervisors play an invaluable role in our students’ growth and development, and our gratitude cannot be measured.
As we know supervising takes energy and time, we have made every effort to minimize required administrative details so that the time you have for supervision can be used in person with our student counselors as much as possible.
In the Handbook below, you will see that we:
- require only one application per year
- keep paperwork to a minimum requiring only a 3-page evaluation of the student each semester
- ask that you give your student counselor one hour of supervision a week
- offer to supplement a student counselor’s client load through clients at the Covenant Counseling Center
- provide training for our Site Supervisors including:
- an annual site supervisors lunch and learn
- a free, yearly suicide assessment training
- free registration to our annual Austin Harrington Counseling Lectures
- an invitation to our annual, 4-part Professional Counselor Training Series
We look forward to seeing how we can partner together in training the next generation of counselors, and look forward to your application.
Download the Site Supervisor Handbook (same for Practicum and Internship).
Download the Site Supervisor Registration (same for Practicum and Internship)
All Covenant counseling students are required to complete, in sequential order, one semester of Practicum and three semesters of Internship. Client hours for Practicum and Internship can be completed at an approved site as arranged with the Covenant Internship Director. During the Practicum and Internship, client can also be seen at the Covenant Counseling Center on Covenant’s campus. Please note, client opportunities at the Center are designed to supplement any client hours a student counselor does not get through his or her off-campus site.
During Practicum, students must get a minimum of 100 total hours, 40 of which must be directly with clients. Supervision is provided by the site supervisor, as well as the CTS Faculty Supervisor.
During Internship, students must obtain a minimum of 600 hours, 240 of which must be directly with clients. Supervision is provided by the site supervisor, as well as the CTS Faculty Supervisor.
A list of approved sites and supervisors is provided to students upon request throughout the year. Other sites are possible and should be discussed with the Internship Director for approval
For more information: