NOTE: Online sessions are targeted to students outside St. Louis, but will still benefit St. Louis campus students.
Basics of Biblical Research
Sermons, Bible lessons, exegetical papers, devotions… The Bible is central to seminary and to ministry, so let’s explore how to find great resources for studying God’s Word. How do I pick the best biblical commentaries? How do I find journal articles on a passage? This workshop will equip you to use the key resources.
E-books and E-journals, Oh My!
- On Campus: Tuesday, October 23, 10–10:45 a.m. in B4
- Online: Thursday, October 25, 8–9 p.m. [convert time zone] via Zoom: https://zoom.us/j/517130802
Anyone can walk into the library and get a sense of its physical collections, but it’s harder to “see” what’s available online. This workshop will introduce you to the e-books and e-journals available through the library, where to find them, and how to access them.
Becoming a Research Pro
- On Campus: Tuesday, October 30, 10–10:45 a.m. in B4
- Online: Thursday, November 1, 8–9 p.m. [convert time zone] via Zoom: https://zoom.us/j/760726347
Don’t waste time and settle for less when it comes to research. Come explore some simple tools and strategies that can help you become a more efficient and robust researcher, and make the most of your research time. Work smarter, not harder.
- On Campus: Tuesday, November 13, 10–10:45 a.m. in B4
- Online: Thursday, November 15, 8–9 p.m. [convert time zone] via Zoom: https://zoom.us/j/565194283
You’ve done the research and now it’s time to add a footnote. What info do you need to include and where? Italics or quotation marks… comma, period, or colon… title case? Who or what is “Turabian” anyway? Come learn the fundamentals of building citations for your papers, so you can cite your sources properly and avoid plagiarism.
Building Better Bibliographies with Zotero
- On Campus: Tuesday, November 27, 10–10:45 a.m. in B4
- Online: Thursday, November 29, 8–9 p.m. [convert time zone] via Zoom: https://zoom.us/j/951563599
Zotero is a free software tool that tracks your research and automates the construction of citations and bibliographies. Come learn how to build a Zotero library, manage your sources, insert citations, and avoid common pitfalls.