General Resource Guides
These guides provide valuable recommendations for a variety of print resources and web sites.
- Wabash Center Internet Guide to Religion
- An excellent annotated guide to electronic resources on the Internet related to the study and practice of religion. Includes syllabi, electronic texts, electronic journals, web sites, bibliographies, liturgies, reference resources, software, etc.
- Wabash Center Teaching & Learning Resources Guide
- An annotated guide to Internet and print resources related to the teaching of religion and theology.
- Congregational Resource Guide
- Provides hundreds of annotated resource recommendations that address the specific, practical needs of congregations and their leaders. Includes articles, Web sites, news sources, organizations, books, periodicals, special reports, online topical explorations, learning pathways, etc.
- Daily Dose of Hebrew
- From Mark Futato, author of Beginning Biblical Hebrew. Video lectures based on the lessons in his book, daily 2-minute videos focused on reading a single verse, and links to valuable online tools for reading Hebrew.
- The Association of Religion Data Archives (ARDA)
- The ARDA allows you to interactively explore data on American and international religion using online features for generating national profiles, GIS maps, church membership overviews, denominational heritage trees, tables, charts, and other reports.
- Baylor Institute for Studies of Religion
- Research institute at Baylor University that produces research reports and case studies on topics in the study of religion.
- Bureau of Justice Statistics
- Data on crime, criminal offenders, victims of crime, and the operation of justice systems from the U.S. Department of Justice.
- Data sets released to the public by U.S. government agencies.
- Faith Communities Today
- Ongoing national research project that surveys U.S. congregations.
- Hartford Institute for Religion Research
- Research institute at Hartford Seminary that gathers and produces research on U.S. churches and religious organizations.
- Insights into Religion
- Gateway to religion research produced by more than 25 institutes, programs, and projects related to initiatives of the Lily Endowment.
- National Congregations Study
- “An ongoing national survey effort to gather information about the basic characteristics of America’s congregations.”
- Pew Research Center Religion & Public Life Project
- A nonpartisan research institute that produces reports based on “public opinion polling, demographic research, media content analysis and other empirical social science research.”
- Public Religion Research Institute
- A nonpartisan research institute that produces reports on religion in politics and public life.
- U.S. Census Bureau
- U.S. population and demographic data. Pay particular attention to the American FactFinder sub-site.
- CC Search
- Search for royalty-free images and other media that can be adapted or reused under a Creative Commons license.
Have a site to suggest, or need to report a broken link? Email email@example.com.