Before submitting your thesis or dissertation for final approval, it will have to meet the Library’s formatting specifications. These specifications are designed to meet the general standards of academic professionalism and the technical requirements for binding.
- Thesis & Dissertation Formatting Specifications (pdf) – for the DMin, ThM, and MAET programs
After your thesis or dissertation has received final approval, you must submit it to the Covenant library so that it can be cataloged, listed in worldwide research databases, and made available to be borrowed by other students and researchers.
Theses and dissertations must be submitted electronically as a PDF file to Steve Jamieson in the library (email@example.com, 314-392-4102), and must be accompanied by:
- an original, signed hard-copy of the approval sheet
- payment of a $40 binding fee, which offsets the cost of printing and binding a circulating copy of the thesis or dissertation for the library’s collection
- Theological Research Exchange Network (TREN) Distribution Agreement
This form grants to TREN permission to create an archival copy of your thesis or dissertation and to make it available to other libraries and researchers.
- Covenant Seminary Non-Exclusive Distribution License
This form grants permission to the Seminary to post the PDF of your thesis or dissertation in the library catalog.
- Research in Ministry (RIM®) Submission Form [DMin only]
This form facilitates the indexing of your dissertation in ATLA’s RIM database.
Creating a PDF: Windows users can use free software such as PDFCreator. Mac users can use the built-in print-to-PDF functionality.
Bound copies for you: If you would like to obtain bound hard copies of your thesis or dissertation, you may do so by using our bindery’s Thesis on Demand service.