Patrons of the Buswell Library can access their library account over the Internet at any time. This includes students, faculty, staff, alumni who have been issued an alumni card, and community members (including ministers) with an active library account. Please note that Infopass patrons do not have access to this feature.
When you log in to your library account online, you can:
- View and renew borrowed items
- Manage requests and holds
- Save searches and receive updates about new items
- Track and manage your reading history
- Keep lists of books that interest you
How to Log In
- You can log in using the account login on the Library homepage, or by visiting the Library Catalog (“My Library Account” on top navigation bar)
- In the Name field, enter your name as it appears on your Covenant Seminary photo ID. If you don’t have a Covenant Seminary photo ID, then use the form of your name that you used when you registered for a library account.
- In the ID field, enter your complete ID number without any spaces (e.g., 1536X710CS). If you don’t have a Covenant Seminary photo ID, use the full number underneath the barcode on your library card followed by “CS” (e.g., 27020202000000CS).
If you have any problems, contact the Library at 314-392-4100.
View & Renew Borrowed Items
- To see what you have checked out and when those items are due, log in to your library account and then click on the link that shows how many items you have checked out.
- The list of checked out items shows when each item is due and how many times each item has been renewed. If you would like to renew any of the items that you have checked out, mark the check box in the “RENEW” column next to each item that you would like to renew, and then press the “Renew Marked” button to process your renewals. (Note that you can only renew items when there is less than a week left before they are due.)
- A confirmation screen will display. Click “Yes” to proceed.
- Your list of checked out items will be updated with new due dates where applicable and any problems will be noted. In the example below, the first item cannot be renewed a third time, the second item is not yet eligible for renewal, and the third was successfully renewed until April 9th.
Manage Requests & Holds
- To see what you have requested, log in to your library account and then click on the link that shows how many active requests (holds) that you have.
- The list of holds shows the items that you have requested, their current status (e.g., requested, in transit, ready for pickup, etc.), and your specified pick-up location.
- If you would like to cancel any of your requests or holds, mark the check box in the “CANCEL” column next to each request or hold that you would like to cancel, and then press the “Update List” button to process your cancellations.
- A confirmation screen will display. Click “Yes” to proceed and complete the cancellation process.
Save Searches & Receive Updates
The Preferred Search feature allows you to save a specific search in your library account, and gives you the option of being notified by email whenever an item is added that matches your saved searches. Use the Preferred Search feature to keep up-to-date on a topic of interest or your favorite author.
- In order to use this feature, you must be logged in to your library account before you execute your search. Once you are logged in, search the catalog using the search terms and type of search that you want to save.
- On the results page, there will be a button after the search box labeled “Save as preferred search”. Go ahead and click it. Your search will be saved in your library account.
- View your library account by clicking on the “Return to My Account” link.
- Click on the “Preferred Searches” link.
- Select the checkbox in the “Mark for E-mail” column next to each search for which you would like to turn on e-mail notification, and then click the “Update List” button at the top of the table. You will now be notified whenever an item is added that matches one of your marked Preferred Searches.
Track & Manage Your Reading History
Your online library account can keep a history of the items you borrow from Covenant and other Bridges libraries. This feature is turned off for each library user by default, so you must activate this feature before you can take advantage of it.
- Log in to your library account and then click on the Reading History link.
- Click the “Opt In” button to start tracking your reading history.
- If you want to remove items from your reading history, check the box in the “Mark” column next to the item(s) to be deleted, and then click the “Delete Marked” button.
- If you want to stop tracking your reading history, click the “Delete All” button, and then click the “Opt Out” button.
Keep Lists of Books That Interest You
- When you’ve found an item that you’d like to save for later, click the “Add to My Lists” button.
- Choose to create a new list, give your new list a name (and, optionally, a short description), and then click “Submit”.
- A confirmation screen will display. Click “Back” to return to your search results.
- To view your saved items, go to your library account by clicking on the “Return to My Account” link.
- If necessary, click on the “My Lists” link.
- Click on the name of the list that you would like to view.
- If you want to remove items from a list, check the box in the “Mark” column next to the item(s) to be deleted, and then click the “Delete Marked” button.