Students and faculty outside the St. Louis area can request books from the Library’s print collection and get online access to a digital copy for a fixed check-out period. If you just need a single article, chapter, essay, or section from a print resource, please use the Interlibrary Loan Request form instead.
- Search the Covenant catalog for available items.
- Click the “Request” button.
- Sign in with your name and Covenant library/ID card number.
- Choose “Covenant Seminary Digital Loan” as the pickup location.
- Verify that your request was successful.
When your Digital Loan is ready, you will receive an email notification with a link to access the item on Microsoft OneDrive, and a note of when your access will end.
How long does it take to get a Digital Loan?
Digital Loan requests are typically processed within 3 business days.
Can I request any Library item for Digital Loan?
All Digital Loans are subject to approval by the Library staff. The following types of items are not eligible for Digital Loan:
- Titles for which the Library already has e-book access
- Items that are not requestable, such as course reserves and reference materials
- Audio and video materials
- Items that cannot be digitized due to size or format
How long do I have access to a Digital Loan?
Digital Loans are for 4 weeks, just like print check-outs.
Can I renew a Digital Loan?
You can email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a renewal, or if your Digital Loan has expired, place a new request for the same item.
How many Digital Loans can I have at a time?
Digital Loans are subject to the Library’s regular check-out limits.
Is there a cost for a Digital Loan?
No, Digital Loan is a free service, and since items are automatically returned at the end of the loan period, there are no overdue fees.