Relevant Call Number Regions
Ruth is sometimes treated along with Joshua, Judges, and/or Esther in a single commentary.
- Atkinson, David. The Message of Ruth: The Wings of Refuge. Bible Speaks Today. Leicester, England: Inter-Varsity Press, 1984. [Also published under the title The Wings of Refuge: The Message of Ruth.]
- Block, Daniel I. Judges, Ruth. New American Commentary. Nashville, TN: Broadman & Holman Publishers, 1999.
- Bush, Frederic W. Ruth, Esther. Word Biblical Commentary. Dallas, TX: Word Books, 1996.
- Campbell, Edward F., Jr. Ruth: A New Translation with Introduction, Notes, and Commentary. Anchor Bible. Garden City, NY: Doubleday, 1975.
- Duguid, Iain M. Esther and Ruth. Reformed Expository Commentary. Phillipsburg, NJ: P&R Publishing, 2005.
- Hubbard, Robert L., Jr. The Book of Ruth. New International Commentary on the Old Testament. Grand Rapids, MI: Eerdmans, 1988.
- Nielsen, Kirsten. Ruth: A Commentary. Old Testament Library. Louisville, KY: Westminster John Knox Press, 1997.
- Sakenfeld, Katharine Doob. Ruth. Interpretation. Louisville, KY: John Knox Press, 1999.
- Sasson, Jack M. Ruth: A New Translation with a Philological Commentary and a Formalist-folklorist Interpretation. Johns Hopkins Near Eastern Studies. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins University Press, 1979. [Also published as Ruth: A New Translation with a Philological Commentary and a Formalist-folklorist Interpretation, 2nd ed., Biblical Seminar (Sheffield, England: JSOT, 1989).]
- Younger, K. Lawson, Jr. Judges and Ruth. NIV Application Commentary. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan, 2002.