Relevant Call Number Regions
- Barth, Markus. Ephesians: Introduction, Translation, and Commentary. 2 vols. The Anchor Bible, vol. 34. Garden City, NY: Doubleday, 1974.
- Best, Ernest. A Critical and Exegetical Commentary on Ephesians. The International Critical Commentary. Edinburgh: T. & T. Clark, 1998.
- Calvin, John. The Epistle of Paul the Apostle to the Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, and Colossians. Translated by T. H. L. Parker. Edited by David W. And Thomas F. Torrance. Calvin’s New Testament Commentaries. Grand Rapids, MI: Eerdmans, 1996.
(Available in various reprint editions)
- Lincoln, Andrew T. Ephesians. Word Biblical Commentary, vol. 42. Dallas: Word Books, 1990.
- O’Brien, Peter T. The Letter to the Ephesians. The Pillar New Testament Commentary. Grand Rapids, MI: Eerdmans, 1999. [In 2016, it came to light that the author had not followed “commonly accepted standards with regard to the utilization and documentation of secondary sources” (publisher’s statement). While this commentary had been well reviewed and is still a valuable resource, care should be exercised when citing it in academic work, as it is not clear which portions of the text are original to the author and which have been plagiarized.]
- Robinson, J. Armitage. St. Paul’s Epistle to the Ephesians: A Revised Text and Translation with Exposition and Notes. Second ed. London: Macmillan, 1914.
- Schnackenburg, Rudolf. Ephesians: A Commentary. Translated by Helen Heron. Edinburgh: T. & T. Clark, 1991.
- Simpson, E. K., and F. F. Bruce. Commentary on the Epistles to the Ephesians and Colossians: The English Text with Introduction, Exposition and Notes. New International Commentary on the New Testament. Grand Rapids, MI: Eerdmans, 1957.
Calvin’s sermons on Ephesians are also of great value and can be found in various reprint editions.