Relevant Call Number Regions
- Anderson, A. A. 2 Samuel. Word Biblical Commentary. Dallas, TX: Word Books, 1989.
- Arnold, Bill T. 1 & 2 Samuel. NIV Application Commentary. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan, 2003.
- Bergen, Robert D. 1, 2 Samuel. New American Commentary. [Nashville, TN?]: Broadman & Holman, 1996.
- Brueggemann, Walter. First and Second Samuel. Interpretation. Louisville, KY: John Knox Press, 1990.
- Evans, Mary J. 1 and 2 Samuel. New International Biblical Commentary, Old Testament. Peabody, MA: Hendrickson Publishers, 2000.
- Gordon, Robert P. I & II Samuel: A Commentary. Library of Biblical Interpretation. Grand Rapids, MI: Regency Reference Library, 1986.
- Keil, C. F., and F. Delitzsch Biblical Commentary on the Books of Samuel. Translated by James Martin. Biblical Commentary on the Old Testament. Grand Rapids, MI: Eerdmans, 1956.
- Klein, Ralph W. 1 Samuel. 2nd ed. Word Biblical Commentary. Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson, 2008.
- McCarter, P. Kyle. I Samuel: A New Translation with Introduction, Notes & Commentary. Anchor Bible. Garden City, NY: Doubleday, 1980.
———. II Samuel: A New Translation with Introduction, Notes and Commentary. Anchor Bible. Garden City, NY: Doubleday, 1984.
- Tsumura, David Toshio. The First Book of Samuel. New International Commentary on the Old Testament. Grand Rapids, MI: William B. Eerdmans, 2007.
- Youngblood, Ronald F. “1, 2 Samuel.” In The Expositor’s Bible Commentary, edited by Tremper Longman III and David E. Garland, rev. ed., 3:21–614. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan, 2009.
- Pakala, James C. “A Librarian’s Comments on Commentaries: 5 (1 & 2 Samuel & 1 Corinthians).” Presbyterion 23, no. 2 (Fall 1997): 113–115.