Join the Francis Schaeffer Institute for a special viewing of Dr. John Dickson’s third documentary series, For the Love of God: How the Church is Better and Worse Than you Ever Imagined. You can view the trailer here. Dr. Dickson will be present to then lead discussion about the film the following morning.
John’s story is eclectic. Starting out as a professional singer-songwriter, he now works as an author, speaker, historian, pastor, and media presenter. He was the Founding Director of the Centre for Public Christianity (2007-17). He teaches a course on the Historical Jesus at the University of Sydney, Australia, and researches the origins of Christianity in the Roman empire. He is an Honorary Research Associate at the University of Sydney, and during 2017-19 he is a Visiting Academic in the Faculty of Classics at the University of Oxford. In all that he does, whether in the media or the church, creative or academic, he strives to be a public advocate for the Christian faith in doubting times.
Documentary screening is at St. Louis Galleria Cinema (Theater #4). Discussion to follow the following morning at Covenant Seminary’s campus.
Dates: April 12-14, 2019
Location: Covenant Theological Seminary and St. Louis Galleria 6 Cinema
Cost: $8 for Covenant Students, $10 for guests
Friday, April 12 – Covenant Seminary
- 10:00am: Chapel, Dr. John Dickson: “Image of God and Human Dignity”
- 11:00am: Lecture in Apologetics & Outreach, Dr. John Dickson: “Losing Well”
Friday, April 12 – St. Louis Galleria 6 Cinema
- 7:00-9:30pm: Documentary Screening, For the Love of God with Dr. John Dickson [Theatre #4]
- Address: 30 Saint Louis Galleria, Richmond Heights, MO 63117
- Please be present with your ticket no later than 6:45pm. All tickets are pre-purchase via Eventbrite prior to 6:45pm; there will be no ticket sales onsite.
Saturday, April 13 – Covenant Seminary
- 9:00-9:15am: Welcome – Documentary Discussion with Dr. John Dickson
- 9:15-10:30am: Session 1 – “The Worst of the Worst in Christian History”
- 10:30-10:45am: Break
- 10:45am-12:00pm: Session 2 – “The Best of the Best in Christian History”
**Please join us for morning worship at Riverside Church Sunday, April 14th at 10:00am where Dr. Dickson will be preaching a sermon titled “Guessing God?” from John 13:31-14:9. [Address: 9440 Big Bend Road, Webster Groves, MO]