12330 Conway Road
St. Louis, Missouri 63141
PHONE / FAX
P 314.434.4044 P 1.800.264.8064
8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
HEAR FROM US
Keep up with Covenant Seminary with FREE subscriptions to Covenant magazine. Our academic journal, Presbyterion, is also available at a minimal cost. Sign up or manage your preferences today.
+ Subscribe Today
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or Covenant Theological Seminary, Attn: Human Resources, 12330 Conway Road St. Louis, MO, 63141. Please indicate the specific position for which you are applying. Applications are kept on file for one year and will be considered if an appropriate position becomes available during that time.
POLICY OF NONDISCRIMINATION
Covenant Theological Seminary does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, gender or disability in admission to or employment in its educational programs or activities except as required by the doctrinal standards of the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA). Inquiries regarding the application of non-discrimination policies may be directed to: Alice Evans, Vice President of Business and Finance, 12330 Conway Road, St. Louis, MO 63141, 314.434.4044, ext. 4053.
OUR MISSION AND BELIEFS
The purpose of Covenant Theological Seminary is to glorify the triune God by training his servants to WALK in God’s grace, MINISTER God’s Word, and EQUIP God’s people—all for God’s MISSION. As the denominational seminary the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA), we profess and proclaim the historic Christian faith as revealed in Scripture and summarized in the Apostles’ Creed and the Statement of Faith of the National Association of Evangelicals. The Westminster Confession of Faith and Catechisms, although subordinate to the Bible in their authority, set forth our understanding of biblical truth in a consistent, concise, and reliable form.
ACCESS SERVICES LIBRARIAN — FULL TIME
The J. Oliver Buswell Jr. Library at Covenant Theological Seminary is seeking a service-oriented and collaborative professional to serve as full-time Access Services Librarian.
- Oversee all operations and staffing of the circulation desk.
- Help maintain a welcoming and professional environment.
- Supervise and train 6 part-time student workers.
- Respond to student and faculty questions about the library, including basic reference questions.
- Maintain course reserves.
- Identify and address lost, late, damaged, and missing materials.
- Formulate, implement, and optimize circulation policies and procedures in coordination with other library staff.
- Manage borrowing and lending activity through the MOBIUS consortium, and work collaboratively with other institutions to address problems.
- MLS or equivalent from an ALA-accredited school; or a master’s-level seminary degree with interest in pursuing a library degree.
- Ability to build and sustain effective interpersonal relationships with library staff, students, faculty, and visitors.
- Analytical, organizational, and time management skills, and ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency with personal computers, the Internet, and library-related applications. Working knowledge of standard office applications such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Capacity to adapt to a changing environment and to respond effectively to new needs and priorities.
- Prior experience in an academic library environment, preferably in public services.
- Experience with Innovative Interfaces, Inc.’s Sierra ILS.
Statement of Faith: As Covenant Seminary is the seminary of the Presbyterian Church in America, applicants must provide a written statement of Christian faith in keeping with the mission of the Seminary.
To Apply: Qualified applicants should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by Tuesday, September 19, 2017.