Strategic Church Development Awards have been established because of a growing need and desire for African-American, Hispanic, Asian, and other minorities to serve as pastors and church planters within the PCA. This full-tuition award—which may be received for up to four years—will help a select number of minority students who desire to train for local church ministry. First preference will be given to students who are members of the PCA.
- Full-time, main-campus student in the MDiv program
- Pastor’s recommendation that indicates the applicant’s strong aptitude for pastoral ministry leadership
- 2.75 GPA in undergraduate work or, if a current student, has maintained a 2.75 GPA on work completed at Covenant Seminary.
- Students must maintain a 2.75 cumulative GPA throughout their seminary studies.
- Once the award is made, the student must attend in the following semester to be eligible for the award. This can be awarded to a new or a current student. The award is for one degree only.
Candidates for this award must complete the application for financial aid form by March 15 to be considered for the award.