The Master of Arts in Missional Theology (MAMT) is designed to provide theological education that trains pastors and leaders already serving in ministry to equip their congregations for their missional calling.
The MAMT is offered exclusively through the Missional Training Center (MTC) in Phoenix, Arizona, an extension site of Covenant Seminary. The MTC operates in conjunction with the Redemption Church network in Phoenix to recommend and recruit students in the Phoenix area who are actively involved in ministry in their local churches. Students apply for and are accepted to study with Covenant at this Phoenix location.
MAMT students learn under the guidance of experienced teachers and ministry practitioners that include MTC founder and director Dr. Michael Goheen, many seasoned local pastors, and members of Covenant’s regular full-time faculty.
Course Requirements — 48 Credit Hours Total
- The MAMT degree requires satisfactory completion of 48 semester units as outlined in the curriculum. See complete degree plan below.
- All degree units must be completed in residency at the Missional Training Center (MTC) in Phoenix, Arizona.
- This program requires a signed, four-year commitment along with active participation in a local ministry.
- No advanced standing or transfer credit can be awarded for this program.
- The MAMT is a rigidly structured four-year program. If circumstances make it impossible for a student to complete the program in four years, he or she must complete it within nine years of the first course with special permission of the program director.
MAMT Course List
|ST211||Prolegomena: Gospel, Story, Mission||2|
|WM211||Prolegomena: Missionary Encounter with Western Culture||2|
|ST211||Interpreting Scripture: Biblical Authority & Hermeneutics||2|
|WM221||Exegeting the City||2|
|NT211||Synoptic Gospels & Acts||2|
|OT211||Pentateuch & Historical Books||2|
|ST212||Prolegomena: God & Creation||2|
|NT212||Reading the New Testament: Paul||2|
|OT212||Reading the Old Testament: Prophets||2|
|AT212||Leading a Missional Congregation: Preaching, Worship & Prayer||2|
|CH212||Church History: Ancient Church||2|
|AT222||Leading a Missional Congregation: Pastoral Care, Formation & Training Families||2|
|CC213||Understanding Our Missional Context: Spirits of Our Age||2|
|WM213||Leading a Missional Congregation: Outreach Into the Neighborhood||2|
|ST213||Sin & Salvation: Israel, Christology, Eschatology||2|
|NT213||Reading the New Testament: Johannine Literature & General Epistles||2|
|CH213||Church History: Medieval & Reformation||2|
|OT213||Reading the Old Testament: Songs & Wisdom||2|
|WM214||Leading a Missional Congregation: Missiology & Ecclesial Structures||2|
|ST214||Sin & Salvation: Spirit, Church, Benefits of Christ, Consummation||2|
|AT214||Leading a Missional Congregation: Leadership & Spirituality||2|
|WM224||Global Christianity & Third World Theologies||2|
|CH214||Church History: Post-Reformation to Present||2|
|WM234||Understanding Our Missional Context: World Religions & Pluralism||2|
|TOTAL DEGREE HOURS:||48|