NEW! Our new Graduate Certificate (GC) programs are designed to equip lay leaders in the Bible, theology, and ministry. Built around flexibility, these new Graduate Certificates can be ideal for people who do not need a full theology degree but would still like to learn from world-class seminary faculty about the topics that would be most beneficial for their Christian growth and ministry. The GC could be helpful for ruling elders, deacons, and ministry staff to provide an introduction to their particular areas of ministry interest. See the list below for concentration areas.
The GC may be completed through a variety of learning formats—on campus, online, or as a hybrid—making the programs flexible, accessible, and affordable.
Should you decide you want to go further with your studies, the classes in these certificates may be counted directly to some of Covenant Seminary’s master’s degree programs (check with Academic Advisors for details).
A few GC programs are ready to start in the Spring 2022 semester; most will be available to start in Summer 2022.
Accredited Bachelor’s Degree, with minimum 2.25 GPA
AVAILABLE GRADUATE CERTIFICATE PROGRAMS
Click each title below to see the course sequence in PDF.
Residential or Online
- Bible and Society (11-credit minimum) – Christian Ethics / Foundations of Apologetics & Outreach / Pentateuch (recommended) / Gospels (recommended) / Or other select OT and NT courses
- Biblical and Theological Studies (20 credits) – No specific course sequence; credits may come from any areas the student chooses.
- Biblical and Systematic Theology (15 credits) – Covenant Theology / God and Humanity / Sin, Christ and Salvation / Spirit, Church, and Last Things / Christian Ethics
- Church History (8-credit minimum) – Ancient & Medieval Church History / Reformation & Modern Church History / Church History Elective OR God’s World Mission
- Greek Studies (12 credits) – Greek 1 / Greek 2 / NT Exegesis / One 300-level NT class
- Hebrew Studies (11-credit minimum) – Hebrew 1 / Hebrew 2 / OT Exegesis / One 300-level OT class
- New Testament Studies (9 credits) – Choose 3: NT History & Theology / Gospels / Acts & Paul / Pastoral & General Epistles and Revelation
- Old Testament Studies (11 credit minimum) – Choose 4: OT History & Theology / Pentateuch / OT Historical Books / Psalms & Wisdom Literature / Prophetical Books
Residential or Hybrid
- Apologetics and Outreach (11 credit minimum) – Covenant Theology / Apologetics and Outreach / Communicating Jesus with Apologetic Sensitivity / PLUS: 2 credits of Communications courses or approved elective courses.
- Church Planting (9 credits) – Christian Formation & Calling / Foundations of Apologetics & Outreach / Church Planting Foundations / Church Planting Field Trip / Resiliency in Church Planting
- Counseling Ministry (12 credits) – Covenant Theology / God & Humanity: Foundations of Counseling / Counseling in the Church I / Counseling in the Church II
- Educational Ministries (11 credits) – Christian Formation & Calling / Educational Foundations / Teaching & Learning / Ministry Leadership