Relevant Call Number Regions
- Bockmuehl, Markus. The Epistle to the Philippians. Black’s New Testament Commentary. Peabody, MA: Hendrickson Publishers, 1998.
- Calvin, John. The Epistle of Paul the Apostle to the Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, and Colossians. Translated by T. H. L. Parker. Edited by David W. And Thomas F. Torrance. Calvin’s New Testament Commentaries. Grand Rapids, MI: Eerdmans, 1996.
(Available in various reprint editions)
- Fee, Gordon D. Paul’s Letter to the Philippians. New International Commentary on the New Testament. Grand Rapids, MI: Eerdmans, 1995.
- Hawthorne, Gerald F. Philippians. Word Biblical Commentary, vol. 43. Waco, TX: Word Books, 1983.
- Martin, Ralph P. Philippians. The New Century Bible Commentary. Grand Rapids, MI: Eerdmans, 1976.
- O’Brien, Peter T. The Epistle to the Philippians: A Commentary on the Greek Text. The New International Greek Testament Commentary. Grand Rapids, MI: Eerdmans, 1991. [In 2016, it came to light that the author had not followed “commonly accepted standards with regard to the utilization and documentation of secondary sources” (publisher’s statement). While this commentary had been well reviewed and is still a valuable resource, care should be exercised when citing it in academic work, as it is not clear which portions of the text are original to the author and which have been plagiarized.]
- Silva, Moisés. Philippians. Baker Exegetical Commentary on the New Testament. Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Book House, 1992.