Relevant Call Number Regions
- Brown, Raymond E. The Epistles of John: Translated, with Introduction, Notes, and Commentary. The Anchor Bible. Garden City, NY: Doubleday, 1982.
- Burge, Gary M. The Letters of John. NIV Application Commentary. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan Publishing House, 1996.
- Calvin, John. The Gospel According to St John 11–21 and the First Epistle of John. Translated by T. H. L. Parker. Edited by David W. and Thomas F. Torrance. Calvin’s New Testament Commentaries. Grand Rapids, MI: Wm. B. Eerdmans, 1959.
- Kruse, Colin G. The Letters of John. Pillar New Testament Commentary. Grand Rapids, MI: W.B. Eerdmans, 2000.
- Lieu, Judith M. I, II & III John: A Commentary. New Testament Library. Louisville: Westminster John Knox Press, 2008.
- Marshall, I. Howard. The Epistles of John. New International Commentary on the New Testament. Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1978.
- Schnackenburg, Rudolf. The Johannine Epistles: Introduction and Commentary. Translated by Reginald and Ilse Fuller. New York: Crossroad, 1992.
- Smalley, Stephen S. 1, 2, 3 John. Rev. ed. Word Biblical Commentary. Nashville: Thomas Nelson, 2007.
- Stott, John R. W. The Epistles of John: An Introduction and Commentary. 2nd ed. Tyndale New Testament Commentaries. Grand Rapids, MI: Eerdmans, 2002.
- Yarbrough Robert W. 1–3 John. Baker Exegetical Commentary on the New Testament. Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Academic, 2008.
- Pakala, James C. “A Librarian’s Comments on Commentaries: 23, 1 John, 2 John, 3 John.” Presbyterion 33, no. 1 (Spring 2007): 44–48.